The Creating a Hunger Free North Dakota Coalition facilitated the Creating Hunger Free Communities Summit September 17-18, 2015 in Bismarck at the Bismarck Event Center.
This event brought together people working to make a hunger-free state. Many attending pledged to take action after the Summit back in their communities and homes. Read all about it!
Attendees shared their ideas and visions alongside speakers from national organizations and North Dakota’s own food and hunger experts, who shared ideas and success stories.
Read the complete agenda.
Speakers have made their presentations available for review and learning.
- Together We Can Solve Hunger, Jordan Vernoy, Vice President of National Programs, Feeding America
- The Next Bold Step in Creating a Hunger-Free ND, Steve Sellent, Director, Great Plains Food Bank
- Building Healthy Communities Through Partnerships and Prevention, Rob Grunewald, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Creating a Food Secure Nation: AARP Foundation’s Commitment to Older Adults, Katia J. Barrett, Program Analyst, Hunger Impact Program at the AARP Foundation
- Breakfast. Every Child. Every Day. How a Morning Meal Changes Lives, Dayle Hayes, President, Nutrition for the Future, Inc.
- Challenging Myths About Hunger and Poverty, Micheal Carbonne, North Dakota Coalition for the Homeless, Bismarck; Mark Heinert, YouthWorks, Bismarck; facilitated by Rose Stoller, North Dakota Economic Security and Prosperity Alliance (NDESPA)
- Get “the Scoop” on Summer Food Kaye Knudson, North Dakota Department of Public Instruction & Backpack Start-up Guide, Cathy Herbold, Great Plains Food Bank